How to use the power of inner guidance to run your life better?
👉 What is Inner Guidance?
Inner guidance is the ability to discern the inner directions, decisions, instructions and whispers from a Higher power that reaches us as nudges, feelings, intuition and thoughts from within us. This inner voice tells us what to do each moment and the best decisions to make for our own life at any given time.
Those who learn to tune in to their inner guidance are often spared many disappointment and troubles which the ordinary person would naturally struggle with.
However, it takes courage and boldness to follow your inner guidance each time. This is because most instructions that reaches us from the inner world may go contrary to the norm of society, the church, and may astound friends and family when they see you taking certain decision or move that seems weird.
Inner guidance reaches us in the form of ✔️ nudges, ✔️ intuition or ✔️ gut instinct, ✔️ dream, ✔️ vision and sometimes ✔️ trances.
👉 Where do these inner messages/guidance come from?
Over the years different school of thoughts have tried to deduce where these hunches, intuition and seeming prophetic dreams come from.
✔️ Some schools of thought say the messages emanates from our gut area in the body which are made up of nerves endings. The gut comprises of complex nerve cells that have a mind of their own which have the ability to pick signals from the brain. The gut uses the emotions and sometimes reaches us through the central nervous system. You know things you don’t even know how you know them. Yet you have a sense of certainty when driving down a strange street that you really must make a left turn.
This particular line of thought is however very unpopular. In the world today people are having varied spiritual experiences that have defied the theory that such experiences emanate from any cell or nerves in the human body.
✔️ The experience and presence of guardian angels. Astral projection and many other such phenomena are a source of mystery for those who have not had such experiences.
To the born again Christian when you give your life to Jesus Christ and make him your personal savior you can have access to the still small voice or Holy Ghost within, which guide and protect during danger and times of need. ✔️ This power can also direct you on how to run your life better and live the awesome and extraordinary life.
✔️ Eastern religionists like the Buddhist, Hinduist, Shintoism, and those of Krishna consciousness among others, believe in a higher power, God, Infinite Intelligence or whatever you believe in. This power directs, guards and protects. When you surrender to It, it can bring enlightenment which comes when you meditate and contemplate on a daily basis.
✔️ It is usually a spiritual discipline to meditate and contemplate often as it keeps the line of communication between you and the Holy spirit or God open. When you are open and in tune with Infinite Intelligence you are better able to decipher the messages and nudges and you become a clear channel to It as well.
Inner guidance has aided many people get their dream job, find a life partner, enter into the right business, avert accidents and robberies, and find a good apartment. The lists are endless.
👉 THE POWER OF INNER GUIDANCE
💯 This guidance from God is always working for you.
But how often do you remember to tune in to the right frequency to hear and obey them⁉️
As I write this piece to you, I am aware that the airwave is bombarded with different radio and television frequencies and band. And although I cannot hear or listen to the various broadcast because I am not tuned in. However, when I opened the radio app on my 📱 smartphone, I was able to tune in to the different frequencies on the airwave.
So also, this inner guidance is 💯 always there for you in your life.
But you cannot access it because you are always under the burden of life challenges. If you can learn to rise above the grind of daily living and live in the presence of God always. You will find the riches of life in abundance.
Some years ago, I decided to start a business selling Laboratory equipment, chemicals and reagent. The business was conceived to be a kind of e-commerce for laboratory Reagent where customers can place an order on a website and get it delivered to them. Although, I had read pure chemistry in the University, I realized that it wasn’t enough to succeed in the business. I needed to learn the business aspect of chemicals and laboratory Equipment and reagent in a brick and mortar shop before I can proceed to sell online.
When I arrived at the decision to go to a major market which is a hub for laboratory reagent in the region to apprenticed with an experience dealer, I didn’t know anyone who would take me in. However, I decided to go anyway. At this point I had to depend on my inner guidance to guide me to the right outcome. And so, when I got to this market, I approached three different dealers and was rejected respectively by all three of them for fear that they don’t know me and my mission and cannot accept me into their business premises.
At this time most cities in Nigeria was experiencing the worst bombings by the Boko Haram terrorist. So, people were apprehensive about unknown strangers. By now I was barely holding back the frustration that was trying to kick in.
I checked with my guidance to see if I was on course and I felt a strong nudge to keep on moving that everything was okay. I tuned in completely to it and could hear a voice giving the command to walk in a particular direction which I did. At a certain point the voice said turn right, I did as I was open and ready to do anything. I kept walking until the voice said stop, look at that bulky man, go and speak with him. I walked to the bulky man of average height greeted him, it was as if the man was expecting me, as he agreed to tutor me about the business. He was so caring and asked how I would cope with the cost of transportation coming from a place which is a distance of 75km away. After 6 months of internship I started the business which is an e-commerce for laboratory chemicals and reagent. How the business panned out is a story for another discourse.
👉 HOW TO DEVELOP INNER GUIDANCE?
We are now going to look at ways we can develop our ability to listen to our inner selves
- PRAYER: One way to develop our ability to listen to God is through prayer. Prayer is a potent way to communicate to God. The right kind of prayer apart from helping you grow spiritually, can open you to the blessings of life so that you can receive from the abundance of the Universe. However, what we find today are people using prayer to fight personal battles asking God to kill perceive enemies. Praying this way cannot give you assess to inner guidance.
🙏 Prayer is a two-way communication where you talk to God and listen to God in return. Praying this way help you to align with the Will of God. The wiseman therefore is he who align himself with the Will of God and allow IT to guide his path.
- MEDITATION: Another way to develop your ability to perceive inner guidance is through meditation. What do you meditate about❓ Everything. ✔️ You can meditate about the essence of life, your creator. ✔️ You can meditate about a plant that tickles your fancy. ✔️ You can meditate about how to improve something in yourself. Generally, the principle of meditation is to strive to make yourself one with God by bypassing the mind and linking or be lifted up to be one with the divine essence. When you bypass the mind and attain a state of bliss or enlightenment you can decipher messages from the inner plane and even travel within the inner worlds.
- CONTEMPLATION: This is similar to meditation but with a slight variation. While meditation is a passive act of linking with the divine. Contemplation is active. In contemplation you sit quietly and try to use the power of visualization or simply use your imagination which is the thought of soul to visualize where you want to be or go to.
For example, say I want to be with my spiritual guide. I can visualize myself in a beautiful scenery either in the inner world or a place here in the physical visiting with my guide. Here I can ask any question or anything I want to know.
While doing this, if I am truly present with a pointed attention, after a while I would find myself actually speaking and talking with my guide in the beautiful scenery.
Here you make an active effort to create your reality.
Another form of contemplation is appreciation. In this type of contemplation, you simply relax and just be grateful for the love of God and for the many gifts in your life.
✔️ When you have ❤️ love in your life, fear must retreat.
Doing daily contemplation can increase your ability to discern nudges, and intuition.
- STUDYING THE HOLY SCRIPTURES: All religions have an only book that contains instructions for members of that religion. For the Christians, it is the Holy bible. The Buddhist have Tipitaka, Krishna consciousness has Bhagavad Gita, for Judaism we have Torah.
These holy books when studied judiciously can lead you to the temple of the heart where you can find God. They can help you live a better life and when you meditate on the words in those texts you can have insights on her to build a better relationship with infinite intelligence and run your life better.
- SELF DISCIPLINE: In almost everything you do in life to find a measure of success you need self- discipline. Self-discipline is doing what you have agreed to do for self- improvement and growth. You need self-discipline to be able to pray and meditate consistently. Self -discipline is the balm in which success is anchored on. Whether you need to lose weight, abstain from alcohol or smoking, study for a degree, run a successful business, without discipline you will fail. The spiritual life is not for the faint at heart.
You need to obey and uphold the principles and precepts of your religion with utmost devotion if you are to see any progress.